Scholarships for Study Abroad
Financing the post-secondary education isn't any easy task, since you may have already found. There are numerous resources to help you. You may make the most of university-based opportunities.
More compared to two-thirds of non-U.S. students use funds using their own personal accounts and using their families as the main source of funding their education. No more than 20 percent associated with non-U.S. students receive the majority of their academic funding from the U.S. university or college.
A couple of U.S. schools, universities and British language programs provide primarily partial scholarships with regard to non-U.S. college students. The criteria as well as policies at every individual institution vary..
|Sources In India||Bank Loans | Trust Loans | Fellowships|
|Sources In Pakistan||HEC Scholarships for Higher Eduction | British Council Scholarships | Other Sources|
|Sources in U.S.A.||University Funding|
|Sources in Canada||University Funding|
Scholarship and Loan Information
- AIFS Minority Scholarships are awarded one per semester, full tuition for an AIFS study abroad program. One hundred AIFS International Scholarships are awarded annually---$1000 toward an AIFS program.
- American Association of University Women - the largest source of funding exclusively for graduate women in the world, supports aspiring scholars around the globe, teachers and activists in local communities, women at critical stages of their careers, and those pursuing professions where women are underrepresented.
- Association of Commonwealth Universities - Provides lists of scholarships and fellowships to and from over 480 universities drawn from the Commonwealth countries of Africa and Asia, Australasia and the South Pacific, Canada and the Caribbean, the United Kingdom, Cyprus and Malta.
- British Council - lists funding and scholarship information for study in the United Kingdom
- DAAD - German Academic Exchange Service - The edu Undergraduate Scholarship is a flexible scholarship program which offers SHORT-TERM scholarships for participation in summer study abroad, internships, senior thesis research or summer courses at German universities and LONG-TERM scholarships for semester or year study abroad.
- Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) - German Academic Exchange Service - association of the institutions of higher education in the Federal Republic of Germany, whose goal is to promote closer international relations among universities and other institutions of higher education, especially through the exchange of individual students and scholars.
- Entente Cordiale Entente Cordiale scholarships are awarded to outstanding British and French post-graduate, doctoral and post-doctoral students - all subjects - to study or undertake research for an academic year on the other side of the Channel.
- Fulbright Scholarships - For both Americans going abroad and incoming foreign students. Grants are made to citizens of participating countries, primarily for: university teachin, advanced research, graduate study and teaching in elementary and secondary schools.
- Fulbright Scholarships from the US-UK Educational Commission
- Gilman International Scholarship Program - The Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship program is sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State and administered by the Institute of International Education. This program seeks to lower barriers to undergraduate study abroad by offering scholarships to students with financial need, and we encourage those underrepresented in study abroad to apply. The award is up to $5,000 for semester or academic year programs.
- Grant Net Funding Opportunities for Training in the Biological and Medical Sciences.
- Hispanic Study Abroad Scholars (HSAS) - Over $8 Million in scholarships for Hispanic study abroad. The HSAS Scholarship offers $1,000 per semester to students of the Hispanic Association of Colleges and Universities (HACU) attending Global Learning Semesters programs.
- Institute of Turkish Studies (ITS) - Founded and incorporated in the District of Columbia in 1982 and currently located at the Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service of the Georgetown University, the oldest and largest school of international affairs in the country, the Institute of Turkish Studies (ITS) is the only non-profit, private educational foundation in the United States that sports the development of Turkish Studies in American higher education.
- International Education Financial Aid IEFA is the premier Internet resource for financial aid information for students wishing to study in a foreign country. At this site, you will find the most comprehensive listing of grants, scholarships, loan programs, and other information to assist students in their pursuit to study abroad.
- NAFSA - the Association of International Educators provides a good introduction with its "Basic facts for students"
- National Security Education Program (NSEP) - offers undergraduate scholarships to U.S. citizens of up to $16,000 for summer, semester or academic year study abroad.
- Qalam wa Lawh Center for Arabic Studies - Merit based scholarships are being offered for the Fall and Spring semesters 2010-2011. There are also scholarships available for the winter session 2010/2011. Selected students will be immersed in intensive Arabic language classes as well as other cultural programs such as cooking, calligraphy, and trips to venues of cultural interest and significance throughout Morocco. The scholarship covers all costs of tuition and housing for the duration of the semester dates indicated on the attached flyer. Students will study at our state of the art facility with full amenities. Details of the scholarship and application requirements are attached and can be found on the Qalam Center website
- Rotary Foundation Scholarships - the Ambassadorial Scholarships Program of The Rotary Foundation is the world's largest privately funded international scholarships program. More than 1,200 scholarships were awarded for study in 2000-01.
- FinAid - Renowned college financial aid site
- Sallie Mae's web site, the largest educational lender in the USA
- Study Abroad: An Investment in Your Future - a very useful online brochure from Michigan State University including some great tips about funding your study abroad experience.
- Study Abroad Scholarships - online search through International Study and Travel Center at the Univesity of Minnesota.
- Studentawards.com At Studentawards, high school, college and university students can search from thousands of unique scholarships, bursaries, grants and other forms of financial assistance. It's free, private and personalized.
- U.S. Department of State - Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) fosters mutual understanding between the United States and other countries throughinternational educational and training programs.
- U.S. Department of Education, Financial Aid Information