Study in Cyprus
Every year a large number of students move towards Cyprus in the persuite of higher education. A large number of universities and colleges welcome them. Cyprus study is low cost as compared to that of other countries. Moreover; the admission and visa requirements are also not as much strict as in other countries are.But the students feel difficulties in the selection of suitable institution.
- University/higher education structure
- Fees and costs
- Exchange programmes
- Recognition of qualifications
University/higher education structure
There are three kinds of higher education establishments:
- Panepistimio (college) offering programs that last with regard to four years;
- Dimosies Scholes Tritovathmias Ekpaidefsis (open public sector non-university establishments) offering programs of three years' length;
- Idiotikes Scholes Tritovathmias Ekpaidefsis (personal institutions of tertiary training).
A list associated with universities in Cyprus are available on the Universities Worldwide web site.
There are 3 recognised state universities in the united kingdom:
- The University of Cyprus offers postgraduate courses and it is renowned for it's teaching. It offers five faculties -- humanities and interpersonal sciences, pure as well as applied science, economics as well as management, the teachers of letters, and also the faculty of architectural. The university provides Masters and doctoral move on programmes, based on coursework along with a dissertation. Academic staff tend to be represented from an array of countries.
- The Open up University of Cyprus opened up in 2006. It's a state institution of advanced schooling offering undergraduate as well as graduate courses, in addition to training and professional programmes, through open and learning online. The university presently has postgraduate programmes within the management of wellness services and training. New programmes is going to be introduced with period.
- The Cyprus College of Technology is definitely an attempt to complete gaps that remain within Cyprus' advanced schooling by offering levels at undergraduate as well as postgraduate levels which are not offered through the University of Cyprus or even by other advanced schooling institutions. The university is a result of take its very first intake of college students in September 2007.
The qualification structure currently mirrors that of the UK.
Further information can be obtained from the Ministry of Education and Culture (Cyprus).
Fees and costs
Colleges/Universities in Cyprus possess offices for international relations that offer information about cooperative programs, exchange programmes as well as stipends for postgraduate research. Contact the establishments directly.
Getting funding in Cyprus could be difficult, so attempt to arrange financial support for that course before a person arrive..
Just about all university students, such as foreign students, may apply for grants for them to attend university. Grants are awarded based on income and merit. Grant funds are administered through the regional authorities and supplemented with a state fund.
The Ploteus website (Portal on Learning Opportunities throughout the European Space) has information about education and training opportunities in Cyprus along with information on available grants.
The Europa web site provides up-to-date home elevators higher education institutions that take part in exchange programmes.
UK students upon undergraduate degree programs or postgraduate Masters plus some PhD programmes may want to consider spending time learning in Cyprus with the Erasmus. This programme is available to all subject areas but seek advice from your institution's Erasmus planner first (usually located in the international office) to determine which countries they've links with as well as in what subject matter.
Recognition associated with qualifications
According to the EEA Agreement, advanced schooling qualifications (3 years or more) is going to be recognised by additional EEA countries. You need to, however, check with the actual Ministry of Education regarding whether your degree resembles a Cypriot undergrad degree..