In the application procedure, the Committee wants evidence of your:
- managerial and leadership qualities
- academic aptitude and grades
- interpersonal and communication abilities
- maturity and motivation
The selection Committee seeks the scope and extent of organizational assignments and accountability. Involvement with professional, group, cultural and/or social groups is additionally evaluated. Academic functionality are looked at by degrees awarded, the name and standards of the institution, free college funding or cash payouts, and GMAT scores.
Careful consideration is given to the many information presented, particularly answers towards questions with managerial acceleration, leadership success and particular qualities that are fitted with lead into a career with management. The Selection Committee will probably base its judgment on a variety of criteria rather than just one factor, such a GMAT score. The Selection Committee will not likely consider applications with the full-time MBA except the applicant meets the Admission Prerequisites.
Essential admission requirements
For Full-time Melbourne MBA Program candidates must have:
Application for Admission
- accomplished a three to four year basic degree with a recognized institution. The program will not require candidates to have studied business or management at basic level. Professional qualifications usually are not an adequate replacement of basic degree.
- a minimum of two years full-time post-graduation work experience. This experience need not have been at managerial level but must have been completed as at least two consecutive years of full-time employment
- a Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) score. The School will not waive the GMAT requirement in any circumstance. For more information about the GMAT visit GMAT
- a good command of English.
If undergraduate study was not in English, students are required to submit an IELTS score, with a minimum requirement of 7.0 band or a TOEFL score
TOEFL score - Internet based test (102 + written score of 24 and no band less than 21)
TOEFL score - Computer based test (253 +5.0 essay rating)
In addition to ensuring that non-native English speakers can cope with the language demands of the MBA, an IELTS score is now a mandatory requirement for many candidates seeking to study in Australia on a Student Visa. The School is unable to waive this language requirement in any circumstances